From The Desk Of The CO
It’s that time of year again, it is BLUE’s Season! All Sea Cadets must try on their blues!
- If they fit; wear them to Drill 02NOV and bring your NWU’s.
- If they don’t fit; wear your NWU’s and bring your Blues to swap out.
- If you don’t own any you will be the first to be outfitted.
League cadets are to wear their Winter Salt and Peppers (long sleeved white shirt) to drill. This includes your tie which is to be worn whenever you wear your dress uniform. Bring your
NWU’s to change into after inspection.
All of you are to shine those shoes, cut that hair and press that uniform. I expect all of you to be picture perfect.
Also; as a reminder everyone must have an ID to enter the NOSC.
If you are new let them know at the gate that you will be receiving your new ID today at drill.
If you are expired; let them know at the gate that your new ID will be handed out to you at drill.
Sea Bag List
REMEMBER, even if it is not an overnight drill, you are still required to have a sea bag with the necessary contents.
Meals are $15 per cadet for the weekend.
Please make sure you have your money.
Exact change is preferred. Thank you.
Sneakers and PT gear.
NWU uniform and/or Dress Uniform
Pens and pencils, paper, and coursework
Bring appropriate outdoor clothing in case we go outside!
Sleeping gear – sleeping bag, blanker, pillow, sweats to sleep in
Shower gear – towel, wash cloth, soap, shampoo, Toothbrush, toothpaste, brush and most important DEODORANT!!!
Remember each and every one of you is our best recruiter. If you would like to bring a friend/neighbor/relative who is interested in joining, let LCDR J. Pawli know in order to pass along the information about the program to them.
Suspended until further notice.
Veterans Event November 8th
Location: 5833 Snyder Dr, Lockport, NY 14094
Report Time: 1730
Dismissal: Approx.2000 – 2030
Uniform: Dress Blues Sea Cadets – Salt & Peppers League Cadets
Looking for Cadet to greet and assist in whatever may be needed for a Veterans event starting at 6pm-8pm. You will
receive community service for this event if you can attend.
Military Sabbath November 10th
Location: 50 Franklin St, Buffalo, NY 14202 St. Joseph’s Cathedral
Report Time: 0930
Dismissal: After the service
Uniform of the day – Dress Blues/Salt & Peppers
We are looking for 5 for the color guard and 3 gift bearers; please respond ASAP to LT Melanie
Pawli at email@example.com and PO2 Fallon.
Veterans Day November 11th
We understand that for some parents you may not be able to bring your child to this event. We are
asking that if your child can ride with another cadet to get there please do so. We are looking to have as
many of us there as possible to support our veterans.
Location: Russel’s Steak & Chops 6675 Transit Road, Buffalo, NY 14221
Report Time: 1030
Dismissal Time: about 1230
Dress Uniform: Dress Blues & Salt & Peppers
We are in need of 5 cadets for a color guard please contact LT Melanie Pawli @ firstname.lastname@example.org
As always parents are wlcome to stay and celebrate with us and there is a small reception afterwards for
Annual Holiday Banquet
Date: December 7, 2019
Location: Polish Cadets 927 Grant St, Buffalo, NY 14207
• Chinese Auction gift basket tickets and 50/50 Tickets will be sold.
• Plan of the Day 1000 Welcoming – Color Guard
• 1030 League Cadet Awards
• 1100 Break-Final Ticket Purchases and Entries
• 1145 RTC/ATC and Final Awards POW Table
• Lunch will start at 1230
• Sweat Suits ($50 per set or $30 for a hoodie), Keys Chains and Sullivans Coins ($10 Each) will be available for sale – Cash Only
• 1230 Lunch Chinese auction raffle Closing remarks
• 1430 Clean Up
• Dismissal: 1500 (After clean up)
• Cost: $12 per person (cadets also have to pay) children 4 & under are free
• RSVP by NOVEMBER 17, 2019 – money due at the time of reservation. Money Orders can be made out to USNSCC or Cash will be accepted. NO CHECKS
Please RSVP by November 17, 2019, to email@example.com
Money orders can be mailed to LT Melanie Pawli 60 Haller Buffalo NY 14211.