From The Desk Of The CO
Welcome back to our winter home at the Buffalo Naval Operations Center. Keep in mind this is a military facility and everyone must have identification to enter the NOSC.
Also this month we will be fitting you for your Blues, if you have blues try them on and make sure they fit. If they don’t please bring them in so we can do an exchange. If you have not been issued Blues you will fitted for them this drill.
You must RSVP to the Annual Banquet with payment at this drill. We need a head count for food. See RSVP form on page 7.
- The Banquet is shaping up nicely with gift certificates, tickets to the Strong Museum, Buffalo Museum, BPO tickets, Old Fort Niagara, Signed Buffalo Bills Helmet! If you can donate a basket please bring it to November Drill.
LCDR Joseph Pawli
Remember each and every one of you is our best recruiter. If you would like to bring a friend/neighbor/relative who is interested in joining, let LCDR J. Pawli know in order to pass along the information about the program to them.
Shooting will be on Thursday, 08 NOV. 18, at 1900. 10 cadets are needed. Cost is $11.00; please bring exact change. See the ENS Simone at drill if you want to sign up. Must be 12 or older to attend shooting.
Mohawk Rifle & Pistol Club
851 Sheridan Drive
Tonawanda, NY 14150
If your child has a physical coming up please make sure you have the doctor fill out a new Medical Exam & Supplemental form. We must have a current form on file for your child to be in the program. (Supplemental and Accommodation forms only need to be filled out by a doctor for those cadets with prescription or special needs all others just need the top portion filled out and signed by parent.)
HOLIDAY PARTY & AWARDS LUNCHEON
Knights of Columbus December 1st 2018
The Sullivan’s Division/Training Ship Little Rock annual Holiday Party and Awards Dinner is already shaping up to be a great event. Here’s what we’ve planned so far.
- Reservations may be made by calling LT Melanie Pawli at 892-0769 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by November Drill. Payment must be made when making reservations. Reservations are mandatory this year! CASH ONLY, NO CHECKS
- Tickets are $10.00 per person (Children under 4 free.)
- On December 1st , Cadets ,Staff & families are to arrive at The Knights of Columbus at 1530 Kenmore Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216 @ 0930 am
- We could still use a few more Basket donations for the Auction if you are able to bring a gift basket or monetary donations for our Chinese Auction to November drill it would be appreciated.
- Lunch will start at 1245
- Chinese Auction gift basket tickets and 50/50 Tickets will be sold.
Plan of the Day
1000 Arrival – Welcoming Color Guard
1030 League Cadet Awards
1130 Break-Final Ticket Purchases
1200 RTC/ATC and Final Awards
Chinese auction raffle
1430 Clean Up
Christmas Banquet RSVP form
Cadet Name ________________________________________
Number of tickets requested ____________ X $10.00=__________
Number of children under 4 _____________________________
Please return to LT Melanie Pawli at November Drill
- 04 NOV 18 – Navy Sabbath at St Joseph’s Cathedral located at 50 Franklin St.
Buffalo, NY 14202; for those of you who signed up make sure your dress blues are squared away. You will report to the NOSC at your normal time and we will depart to the church at 0930. For any cadet wishing to attend the service can only do so if your parent is willing to drive you to and from the church as we do not have the adult staff to do so.
- Joint drill with Canadian Cadets November 17th & 18th
- Report 17 NOV18 at 0900
- Location – Winona Rifle Range 656 Winston Rd. Grimsby, ON L3M4E8
- Dismissal – 18NOV18 Time TBD
- Please note Cadets will be in tents so pack accordingly. If it does get to cold there will be a heated place for the Cadets to move too. Uniform will be NWU’s. This is only for the 7 cadets that signed up for it. Remember your parents will be responsible for getting you there and back, also you will need to be able to cross the peace bridge with valid ID such as Birth Certificate and/or Enhanced Driver’s License ID.
- December 1st – Annual Holiday & Awards Banquet Tickets are $10 per person.
- Location will be the Knights of Columbus on Kenmore Ave
- Everyone welcomed, money and RSVP is due by November Drill – This is a catered event.
- For the parents that was willing to assist with the banquet, please reach out to Tina Zeck at TZECK120@GMAIL.COM as she is heading up the donations.