From The Desk Of The CO
Hope everyone has enjoyed their summer and got off to a great start in the new school year. Just a few more drills on the ship before the move to our winter home at the Buffalo NOSC.
With having 6 weeks between drills I am looking forward to everyone bringing in class work. All of you who went to boot camp should be handing in Seaman Assignments; getting ready for your next promotion. If you are interested in doing a Winter Boot camp your BMR needs to be completed.
If your child has a physical coming up please make sure you have the doctor fill out a new Medical Exam & Supplemental form. We must have a current form on file for your child to be in the program. (Supplemental and Accommodation forms only need to be filled out by those cadets with prescription or special needs)
**Sea Bag List**
REMEMBER, even if it is not an overnight drill, you are still required to have a sea bag with the necessary contents.
- Meals are $20 per cadet for Saturday and Sunday lunches. Please make sure you have your Exact change is preferred. Thank you.
- Sneakers and PT gear.
- NWU uniform and/or Dress Uniform
- Pens and pencils, paper, and coursework
- Shower gear – towel, soap, shampoo, brush/comb, deodorant.
- Sleeping gear – sleeping bag/blanket, pillow, most cadets sleep in sweat pants and shirt.
- Bring a jacket, it can get chilly at night and in the morning!
Remember each and every one of you is our best recruiter. If you would like to bring a friend/neighbor/relative who is interested in joining, let LCDR J. Pawli know in order to pass along the information about the program to them.
Shooting will be on Thursday, 20 Sept. 18, at 1900. 10 cadets are needed. Cost is $11.00; please bring exact change. See the ENS Simone at drill if you want to sign up. Must be 12 or older to attend shooting.
Mohawk Rifle & Pistol Club
851 Sheridan Drive
Tonawanda, NY 14150
- September 15 & 16 – Drill
- December 1st – Annual Holiday & Awards Banquet Tickets are $10 per person.
- Location will be the Knights of Columbus on Kenmore Ave
- Everyone welcome money and RSVP is due by November Drill – This is a catered event.
- Drill dates for the rest of this year through most of 2019 will be out by October Newsletter.
- For the parents that were willing to assist with the banquet, please reach out to Tina Zeck at TZECK120@GMAIL.COM as she is heading up the donations.
Don’t forget to shop at Amazonsmile.com to help us raise funds. Just go there choose The Sullivans Division as your charity and shop as always. A small percentage of your purchase goes directly to the unit. No selling involved!
Also Division Challenge Coins are available for purchase for $10.00 per coin.
The Weekend Joint Drill with our Canadian counterparts that was scheduled for September has now been moved to November. We will keep everyone updated as we receive the information. Remember your parents will be responsible for getting you there and back, also you will need to be able to cross the Peace Bridge with valid ID such as Birth Certificate and/or Enhanced Driver’s License ID.