From The Desk Of The CO
Cadets, as you read this a group of your fellow shipmates are returning from Boot Camp! Make sure when you see them at July drill you congratulate them as I am sure they did a wonderful job representing the Sullivans Division.
Many of you are preparing to go on your training’s in July. Make sure everything is handed in and you get your training paid to secure your spot. If you are going to Buffalo Training please hand in paperwork and payment at Saturday drill if you have not done so. If you are coming back from RT DO NOT FORGET YOUR RECORD JACKET!!!!
There are still training’s open all over, remember you must do at least one training per year! Qualified Cadets who do not attend training reflect poorly on our inspection.
Also keep in the loop of events, drill dates etc. by using Remind!
Just text @Sullivansd to 81010
Please note as of 01 Jan 18 Dues are now $125 per year.
**Sea Bag List**
REMEMBER, even if it is not an overnight drill, you are still required to have a sea bag with the necessary contents.
- Meals are $20 per cadet for Saturday and Sunday lunches. Please make sure you have your Exact change is preferred. Thank you.
- Sneakers and PT gear.
- NWU uniform and/or Dress Uniform
- Pens and pencils, paper, and coursework
- Shower gear – towel, soap, shampoo, brush/comb, deodorant.
- Sleeping gear – sleeping bag/blanket, pillow, most cadets sleep in sweat pants and shirt.
- Bring a jacket, it can get chilly at night and in the morning!
Remember each and every one of you is our best recruiter. If you would like to bring a friend/neighbor/relative who is interested in joining, let LCDR J. Pawli know in order to pass along the information about the program to them.
Shooting will be on Thursday, 12 July 18, at 1900. 10 cadets are needed. Cost is $11.00; please bring exact change. See the ENS Simone at drill if you want to sign up. Must be 12 or older to attend shooting.
Mohawk Rifle & Pistol Club
851 Sheridan Drive
Tonawanda, NY 14150
- July 7 & 8 – Drill
- July – Buffalo Summer training July 21st – 28th
- August 4 & 5 – Drill
- August 11th – Annual Family picnic – $10 per family – we provide the meats and ask that if you can please bring a dish to share. You must RSVP by August Drill and turn in your money let us know if you can bring a dish to pass.
- September 15 & 16 – Drill
- December 1st – Annual Holiday & Awards Banquet Tickets are $10 per person.
- Location will be the Knights of Columbus on Kenmore Ave
- Everyone welcome money and RSVP is due by November Drill – This is a catered event.
- I need the following assistance with the banquet. (4-6 parents)
- Parents to mail out donation letters and collect baskets
- Parents to help at the ticket table and with setup/tear down of food.
Don’t forget to shop at Amazonsmile.com to help us raise funds. Just go there choose The Sullivans Division as your charity and shop as always. A small percentage of your purchase goes directly to the unit. No selling involved!