From The Desk Of The CO
Training Season is HERE!
Training’s are here, if you have not received orders for a training that you want to attend email LT Melanie Pawli at email@example.com with the training code so we can get you orders cut.
For those of you attending RT at Great Lakes, you will all need to report to supply to get the extra sets of NWU’s you will need. Please note these are on loan for the training & you will return the extra sets back to supply following your training.
Change of Command ceremony to be held for LCDR Redford of the Buffalo Naval Operations Center on 30 JUNE 2018, @ 0900 with reception to follow. We have been invited and if you would like to come please let LT M Pawli know as we need to RSVP for this event by the end of June drill. This is being held at the Buffalo NOSC.
Graduation will be held Sunday June 3rd at 1400, cadet may invite their family to attend.
Also keep in the loop of events, drill dates etc. by using Remind!
Just text @Sullivansd to 81010
Please note as of 01 Jan 18 Dues are now $125 per year.
**Sea Bag List**
REMEMBER, even if it is not an overnight drill, you are still required to have a sea bag with the necessary contents.
- Meals are $20 per cadet for Saturday and Sunday lunches. Please make sure you have your Exact change is preferred. Thank you.
- Sneakers and PT gear.
- NWU uniform and/or Dress Uniform
- Pens and pencils, paper, and coursework
- Shower gear – towel, soap, shampoo, brush/comb, deodorant.
- Sleeping gear – sleeping bag/blanket, pillow, most cadets sleep in sweat pants and shirt.
- Bring a jacket, it can get chilly at night and in the morning!
Remember each and every one of you is our best recruiter. If you would like to bring a friend/neighbor/relative who is interested in joining, let LCDR J. Pawli know in order to pass along the information about the program to them.
Shooting will be on Thursday, 07 June 18, at 1900. 10 cadets are needed. Cost is $11.00; please bring exact change. See the ENS Simone at drill if you want to sign up. Must be 12 or older to attend shooting.
Mohawk Rifle & Pistol Club
851 Sheridan Drive
Tonawanda, NY 14150
- June 2 & 3 – Drill – Sunday will be graduation. We invite parents and close family of our graduates to attend. Ceremony will start at 2 pm.
- June 9 & 10 Niagara Falls Air Show – (You have to RSVP for this event to LCDR Pawli or LT Pawli)
- June 16th – Fraternal Order of the Eagles Color Guard – Report time @ 1115.
- June 30th Change of Command Ceremony for LCDR Redford @ 0900 at the Buffalo Naval Operation Center (you had to have RSVP to attend)
- July 7 & 8 – Drill
- July – Buffalo Summer training July 21st – 28th
- August 4 & 5 – Drill
- August 11th – Annual Family picnic – $10 per family – we provide the meats and ask that if you can please bring a dish to share. You must RSVP by August Drill and turn in your money with the dish you will bring.
- September 15 & 16 – Drill
- December 1st – Annual Holiday & Awards Banquet Tickets are $10 per person. I need the following assistance with the banquet.
- Parents to mail out donation letters and collect baskets
- Parents to help at the ticket table and with setup/tear down of food
Don’t forget to shop at Amazonsmile.com to help us raise funds. Just go there choose The Sullivans Division as your charity and shop as always. A small percentage of your purchase goes directly to the unit. No selling involved!
Looking for a galley cook for drill weekends. If you can make the commitment please contact LT Melanie Pawli at 716-892-0769 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.