From The Desk Of The CO
Back to the Ships!
This month we are back at our summer home at the Buffalo Naval Park. These drill weekends we stay overnight on the ships so please make sure you pack a proper sea bag. You are ordered to pack all your uniforms and bring to them to drill. This means I want your Dress Blues, Dress Whites, NWU’s, and all accessories packed. We are doing a complete inventory on what everyone has. You will also be fitted for your Dress whites at this time. (See further in the newsletter for what you will need for your overnight)
Parents, there is a mandatory meeting in the ward room regarding trainings being held at 0800 Saturday morning. This will explain how to request a training and what you need to do! This is very important as training can fill quickly. If your child already sees a training on Homeport please email me the details and I will get them signed on. Instructions on how to do so were handed out last drill and emailed to all parents.
Cadets you will not be able to sign up for ANY TRAININGS TILL YOUR PRT IS COMPLETED! We will be running the mile run first thing in the morning so I can cut orders for trainings. You will also not be able to attend a training unless you have an updated MEDICAL EXAM, this is the one the doctor signs. See further in the newsletter for a complete list of those who need it ASAP. Remember you must attend at least one training per year. Failing to do so can have you removed from the program. I expect everyone to be at drill sharp and ready as we have lots to accomplish!
Change of Command ceremony to be held for LCDR Redford of the Buffalo Naval Operations Center on 30 JUNE 2018, time TBD. We have been invited and if you would like to come please let LT M Pawli know as we need to RSVP for this event. This is being held at the Buffalo NOSC. We will find out the time ASAP and will update you.
**Sea Bag List**
REMEMBER, even if it is not an overnight drill, you are still required to have a sea bag with the necessary contents.
- Meals are $15 per cadet for Saturday and Sunday lunches. Please make sure you have your Exact change is preferred. Thank you.
- Sneakers and PT gear.
- NWU uniform and/or Dress Uniform
- Pens and pencils, paper, and coursework
- Shower gear – towel, soap, shampoo, brush/comb, deodorant.
- Sleeping gear – sleeping bag/blanket, pillow, most cadets sleep in sweat pants and shirt.
- Bring a jacket, it can get chilly at night and in the morning!
- Females Bring a Bristle Brush, Comb, Gel/Hair Spray or Leave in Conditioner (SGT Ortiz will be going over how to do female hair on 05MAY in the CPO Mess off the Mess Deck of the Little Rock.)
Remember each and every one of you is our best recruiter. If you would like to bring a friend/neighbor/relative who is interested in joining, let LCDR J. Pawli know in order to pass along the information about the program to them.
Shooting will be on Thursday, 10 MAY 18, at 1900. 10 cadets are needed. Cost is $11.00; please bring exact change. See the ENS Simone at drill if you want to sign up. Must be 12 or older to attend shooting.
Mohawk Rifle & Pistol Club
851 Sheridan Drive
Tonawanda, NY 14150
- May 5 & 6 – Drill
- The 73rd Battle of the Atlantic Memorial
- Location: Navy Hall 305 Ricardo St, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
- Date: Sunday May 6th 2018
- Report Time: 1030 @ Naval Park
- Please NOTE – This event is in Canada and you will be required to have a parent escort you to and from this event, due to the restrictions of crossing the border. Also this event is happening over our drill day so we will be excusing early to attend this event. Parents may pick up their cadet at the Naval Park and proceed to the Venue.
- Armed Forces Week Ball
- Location: Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew, NY 14043 Date: Saturday, 12 May 2018
- Report Time: 1730
- Please note this is a Sea Cadet Only event – We need 10 Cadets
- Salute to Armed Forces Ceremony
- Location: Riverworks
- Date: Sunday, 20 May 2018
- Report Time: No Later than 1130
- Please note we will need at least 5 people for the Color Guard
- June 2 & 3 – Drill – Sunday will be graduation. We invite parents and close family of our graduates to attend. Ceremony will start at 2 pm.
- July 7 & 8 – Drill
- July – Buffalo Summer training July 21st – 28th Family picnic TBD
- August 4 & 5 – Drill
- August 11th – Annual Family picnic – $10 per family – we provide the meats and ask that if you can please bring a dish to share. You must RSVP by August Drill and turn in your money with the dish you will bring.
- September 15 & 16 – Drill